What are proteins?
Protein consumption contributes to increasing and maintaining lean muscle mass, in line with the health claim approved by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).
A lack of protein consumption can lead to loss of muscle mass and difficulty in recovery after training.
Proteins are essential
for any organism!
Protein supplements are rich in amino acids, which are the pillars of the protein synthesis in the body and which boost the development of muscle mass.
When doing physical exercise, it is essential to use protein supplements – the muscles are formed by protein, and when they are exerted they need to recover their amino acid levels to maintain their structure. If proteins are supplied to the muscles immediately after doing physical exercise, protein synthesis in the muscles increases, making them stronger and more toned.
and difficulty in recovery after training.
Average absorption time
Rapid absorption protein
Slow absorption protein
4 REASONS TO FALL IN LOVE WITH PROTEIN SHAKES:
1THEY INCREASE THE METABOLISM and AID MUSCULAR TONING
Diets with more proteins also have other benefits: increased sated sensation, better control of sugar and fat levels in the blood – cholesterol and triglycerides.
2THEY ACCELERATE YOUR MUSCLE RECOVERY
3THEY ARE EXCELLENT FOR DETOX PROGRAMMES
4THEY ARE CONVENIENT, PRACTICAL AND SAVE TIME
Don’t forget to take your protein doses and your shaker with you when you are out or travelling.
How to make your protein shake:
As a snack:
To enrich your shake with vital nutrients for your body, add 2 or 3 walnuts, or Brazil nuts, hazelnuts or almonds and a piece of fruit, if you have finished training.
If you prefer a creamier texture in TOTAL WHEY add some ice cubes and crush them with the blender.
What are the recommended quantities?
However, on average, for most individuals the recommended protein intake varies between 1.2 to 1.8g per kg of body weight, whereby 60% of this amount should come from the daily diet, and the remaining 40% from supplements.
|Diet||Protein per 100g||Average portion per piece (g)||Average portion per dose (g)|
|Boiled chicken breast (without the skin)||34,5||120||41,4|
|Barbecued fresh tuna||28,4||120||34,08|
|Boiled Turkey Breast (without skin)||23||120||27,6|
|Natural low-fat yogurt||4,6||125||5,75|
|GoldNutrition products®||Protein per 100g||Protein per 2 shakes / 1 bar|
|Total Protein Bar||33||15|
What kind of protein should you opt for as a protein supplement?
Are you unsure whether to opt for a quick absorption protein supplement (Protein Whey) or a gradual release supplement (Casein)?
The correct answer is… both!!
Owing to their different functions, the most effective results are achieved by taking both supplements at specific times of the day. However, the quantity consumed and when is always related to the particular case of each individual, encompassing factors ranging from nutritional needs, habits and the quantity/intensity of physical exercise done.
There are lots of different kinds of protein, including Whey, Micellar Casein and Soya, each with different bioavailability of amino acids.
Those with the most bioavailability are the Whey proteins and the Caseins, both derived from milk-based substrates. However, these two proteins differ in the availability of the amino acids relative to the absorption time, composition and duration after consumption.